Faster To Any Size Disaster
24 Hour Emergency Service
During the recent Polar Vortex, we received many calls from frantic Property Management companies searching for a restoration company to clean multiple units due to pipe breaks or collapsed roofs. During that period of time our experienced crews worked around the clock, sacrificed sleep and rest to make sure that each apartment, townhouse, and condo was cleaned, dried and/or packed out. We were happy to come to the rescue and provide fast and efficient service.
When a company advertises daily that they provide 24-hour emergency service they must live up to that. SERVPRO of Oak Lawn was able to do just that.
A disaster like the polar vortex is not something we necessarily want to experience but we know that disasters like it and worse will happen which is why our teams are trained and prepared to tackle any size disaster and strives to provide the best possible service every time.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (708) 239-1444
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 2190 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Oak Lawn arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.