Summer Grilling Safety
Now that summer is in full swing, so is grilling season! In order to prevent a trip to the emergency room or a visit from SERVPRO of Oak Lawn for fire damage, please follow these helpful tips.
- All grills should be used outdoors away from the house, eaves, railings and overhanging branches.
- Keep the grill free of grease buildup and never leave it unattended.
- Kids and pets should be at least 3 feet away from the grill at all times.
- For gas grills check for leaks before it is used for the first time every year.
- If you smell gas when using a gas grill, immediately get away from the grill and call fire department.
- Use only charcoal starter fluid to start a charcoal grill.
- Let charcoal cool completely before disposing in a metal container. When disposing make sure the area is inaccessible for children and pets.
Make sure all grilling memories are great memories, use caution when grilling!