Grilling Safety to Prevent Fires
Summer is officially here! There is no better time to get together for an old-fashioned barbecue at home or at the campground. Imagine a perfectly grilled T-bone steak, a smoked turkey, or just simple hot dogs on the grill. However, keep in mind the safety measures to have a safe and enjoyable barbecue free from fire and smoke that could potentially damage your home, camper or campground.
- Ensure your grill is stable and away from buildings or structures. Grills are designed for outdoor use only.
- Check the grill's propane tank for leaks and keep it cleaned.
- Never leave your grill unattended or try to move it while it is lit.
- Wear appropriate clothing and avoid long sleeves.
- Have baking soda and fire extinguisher readily available in the event of a grease fire.
Following these simple tips can help prevent fires in and around your grill, home and property. Grilling accidents do happen, so make every effort to be safe and enjoy the barbecue with friends and family.
If you do experience the unfortunate circumstance of fire or smoke damage in Oak Lawn, IL, SERVPRO is ready 24/7 to help.
CALL US TODAY (708) 239-1444